Sunday, March 27, 2011

potato & mushroom frittata.


I made this potato & mushroom frittata a few weeks ago as a sort of breakfast for dinner type meal.  I was initially inspired by a recipe I had come across on a food blog that I have since lost track of (ah, sorry!), but essentially, what was interesting about it was that it was a much more convenient way of making a frittata as it could be made on a stove top in a pan!

I realize that a lot of my attempts at cooking are rather ... experimental? (often producing horrible outcomes, of course) and I have a pretty terrible memory, which isn't really conducive to food blogging standards.   But from what I remember: ingredients included 5 or 6 beaten eggs, cheddar cheese, red potatoes (thinly sliced), chives (thinly sliced) mushrooms (surprise: thinly sliced!).  Fry all the ingredients except for the eggs in a pan with some oil, and add salt and pepper to taste. Then pour the beaten eggs and shredded cheese, on top.  Reduce the heat to a minimum. Cover the pan, and wait for the egg to cook.  Once the egg has fully cooked (it should take some time), remove from heat and let it cool.

Of course, my memory could be failing me, but ah well!

On an unrelated (but food-related!) note, I encourage all Montrealers to visit Fuschia | Epicerie Fleur, a really beautiful and quaint cafe with light and delicious food, with hints of flower incorporated into .... well, basically everything!  I live by an incredible amount of extremely enticing cafes and restaurants, this one being somewhere I had wanted to visit for a very long time, but somehow never got around it.  I am extremely glad to have done so!

No comments :

Post a Comment